Unless the date affixed to the previous post is wrong, it’s been six months since I’ve updated the site. Truth is, I haven’t really had much to say. First I was too busy hemming and hawing about how to rewrite, and then I found this article, which greatly helped illuminate the way. Now instead of being kept busy by hemming or hawing, I’ve been distracted by the effort of writing…Rewriting… Editing. Whatever you want to call it.
Anyway, point is, now I’m done with what I’m calling Step 1 of the rewrite: identifying all the major problems with the book. Now, scattered over about three documents, I’ve got the makings of a list of all the things, great and small, that require fixing in my first draft of Bad Romance, what, in the construction trade, they call a “punch list.” Step 2 is compile the list into one place and prioritize it. Step 3 is, obviously, address all the items in the punch list, and Step 4 is polish it up and get it ready for the editor.
Step 3.1, though, is going to be prepare another sample to share! You can look for that in the next 4-6 weeks. See you soon!